LGMA (SA) Networks
Our members work in a variety of fields within local government from Community Development to Planning to Finance to Human Resources. They also have a variety of special interests such as staying in touch with alumni from a past LGMA program they've attended or connecting with counterparts in other councils.
To keep our members better connected, informed, and engaged, we have established the concept of LGMA Networks.
The functions of a Network include:
· To promote networking and professional development opportunities
· To be a professional group – i.e. a group from whom the LGA, State or Commonwealth may seek comment on policy issues
· To promote the sector and the important role our members undertake in Local Government and related organisations.
· To establish strategic alliances with other key associations.
· To represent South Australia in the relevant national bodies (such as LGMA) in order to provide further networking on issues / best practice in Australia and overseas where this involvement is not contradictory to the LGMA National Roles and Responsibilities document.
Network Members have access to blogs and forums on a variety of topics relevant to the Network.
Networks are governed by a Network Coordinating Committee.
Generic Network Terms of Reference can be found here.
To be a member of any LGMA (SA) Network, you must be a member of LGMA (SA) and opt in to the Network in your Member Profile.
Current LGMA (SA) Networks include:
Emerging Leaders Alumni Network
Community Managers Network – Terms of Reference
If you are interested in starting an LGMA (SA) Network or in joining one please contact:
Membership and Communications Manager on email@example.com